Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Watching with fingers crossed

The photos I just posted are a few of the many that have been taken on mine, or Ari's cell phone over the months since we were in Albuquerque. It feels good to delete them all off of my phone. It is also therapeutic because the children are growing so fast. As they change, my hope is that the love and companionship they have been able to share will remain constant and they will support each other and find ways to continue being friends. I am happy to say that I have maintained a close relationship with my sister from childhood on. My brother and I seem to struggle to connect and the cousin I grew up with as another sibling is almost a stranger most of the time. I believe the differences in their personalities complement each other well. They still really seem to enjoy one another during play. In quiet moments they hold each other in calm silence and smile sweetly at one another and even whisper, I love you. The beautiful monster (the big blue princess monster was her costume, I haven't any pictures) and the sensitive protector (he was a knight/prince) there is almost something about those two images together that just make sense. Like a mystical familiar will accompany a hero on a great quest. My prayer is this: Guide these children into themselves and let them remain a peaceful part of each other for all of their days. Blessed Be.

No comments: