Monday, June 9, 2008

Goddard Post for Schock June 2008


I plan on working with this piece further and possibly including it as a portion of the dreaming section of the doll stories film project. This would be the illustration of:
a. my personal relationship to dolls and dreamworlds & b. the process of personality development through transitional object by a kinesthetic learner. I included a prior study entitled "Daydream" and some digital stills at the end of the piece.

I believe the use of figures and images from the doll house or "dream house" will be used to encapsulate the "dreaming" section of the film. (see chapter grid in document submission)

I will take this post down from the internet once I have received your response to my packet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was interesting to see the anatomy of a child's emotional response and to know that the parent had become a sort of detached observer and recorder of the process. I wonder how (if?) the parent's response how quickly the child cycled from frustration to play to the wonder of daydreaming. I think the lack of sound, the slow motion and the occasionally blue tints on the screen added to the dream state quality of the piece.

Unknown said...

That previous comment was by Alexis P-L by the way.

eramarie said...

I have wondered that myself. I reconstructed what I remember the length of my fits to have been. I remember that the cycle for myself was pretty fast. Once I got tired of screaming - I was generally happy to be alone in my room. I also have my son (the actor) and daughter who seem to throw fits similar to my own in both the tempo and the physical/vocal output. I watch them and think - I know what that feels like - I remember that. I want to do more with this piece but, I think I may have to start over because it was shot in the apartment we are in now and I don't know if I will be able to make the new footage (not yet acquired) fit with the old footage. I think I really want to look at this sequence and I think by adding the sounds of the argument at the beginning will build enough sound contrast to make the event feel even more removed or private. And I wanted to add the interaction with the doll itself.